200 S. Spruce Sreet
Grand Junction, CO 81501
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
Mesa County’s Stormwater Division is now managing, administrating, and executing all aspects of the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) Permit that was previously under the 5-2-1 Drainage Authority. In March 2020, City of Grand Junction, City of Fruita, and Town of Palisade entered into Intergovernmental Agreements with Mesa County.
Effective April 1, 2020, the Stormwater Division will provide consolidated services to entities within its jurisdictional boundaries necessary for compliance with Colorado Discharge Permit System (CDPS) Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Stormwater Phase II regulations.
The Stormwater Division is committed to managing a proactive Stormwater Program to improve the quality of runoff entering the storm sewer system and receiving streams.
The primary function of the Stormwater Division’s program is to minimize pollutants transported by stormwater runoff into the storm sewer system and subsequent receiving waters.
- Provides public education regarding stormwater quality and pollution prevention
- Administers stormwater quality permits
- Monitors construction site erosion and sediment control.
- Assists with response to spills and illegal dumping into the storm sewer system
- Administers municipal stormwater program in accordance with the Colorado Discharge Permit System Stormwater regulations.
- A Program Description Document is available to the public for review and comment upon request.