Events and Training
Construction Stormwater Discharge Permit Renewal
February 11-13, 2020
Qualified Stormwater Manager Training
Stormwater Management and Erosion Control (SMEC) Technician– One Day Program
-1 Day Course-$100
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Description: The class is focused on the proper installation and maintenance of BMP’s to control erosion and sedimentation. In addition, this class serves as the prerequisite for the Qualified Stormwater Manager Certification program.
This entry-level, one day course has been developed for all construction site personnel engaged in stormwater management on permitted construction sites. The program covers:
- The Stormwater Program legal requirements including permitting and erosion and sedimentation at construction sites.
- Types of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for specific conditions to control erosion and sedimentation.
- Installing construction site BMPs.
- Inspecting and maintaining construction site BMPs.
Learning Objectives – Upon completion of this class, you will be able to:
- List the permit requirements under the construction stormwater program.
- Describe the impacts to water quality caused by erosion and sedimentation.
- Describe the installation and maintenance requirements for BMPs used during construction.
- Pass a 25 question certification examination with a score of 75% or better.
- Instructor – Altitude Training Associates
- This class will be held in City Hall Auditorium, 250 N. 5th Street
- Driving Directions