Events and Training
Please click on the titles to view additional information
Stormwater Management and Erosion Control (SMEC) Technician
(1) Day Course-$100
Monday, February 8, 2021
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Description: The class is focused on the proper installation and maintenance of BMPs to control erosion and sedimentation. In addition, this class serves as the prerequisite for the Qualified Stormwater Manager Certification program.
This entry-level, one day course has been developed for all construction site personnel engaged in stormwater management on permitted construction sites. The program covers:
- The Stormwater Program legal requirements including permitting and erosion and sedimentation at construction sites.
- Types of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for specific conditions to control erosion and sedimentation.
- Installing construction site BMPs.
- Inspecting and maintaining construction site BMPs.
Learning Objectives – Upon completion of this class, you will be able to:
- List the permit requirements under the construction stormwater program.
- Describe the impacts to water quality caused by erosion and sedimentation.
- Describe the installation and maintenance requirements for BMPs used during construction.
- Pass a 25 question certification examination with a score of 75% or better.
Qualified Stormwater Manager (QSM)
(2) Day Course-$200
Tuesday & Wednesday, February 9-10, 2021
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Both Days)
Course Description: This two-day training program has been developed by Altitude Training Associates (ATA) to meet the knowledge and skills required to be a Qualified Stormwater Manager including implementation of the Stormwater Water Management Plan (SWMP) and conducting routine inspections. The Qualified Stormwater Manager must be skilled with control measure evaluation and application to effectively implement the SWMP. Certificates of completion are provided to each student who successfully completes the program. Students must attend the entire program and pass the test with a minimum score of 80%. The certification is valid for 3 years. A recognized refresher program is required every 3 years thereafter to keep the certification.
Prerequisite: The Qualified Stormwater Manager Certification Program is an intermediate training program. Understanding the fundamentals of Stormwater Management for Construction Activities is a prerequisite of the program, (SMEC) is encouraged.
Learning Objectives- Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be able to:
- Apply the requirements of the CSP to a construction site.
- Describe the responsibilities of the Qualified Stormwater Manager.
- Evaluate a SWMP for completeness & adequacy to facilitate implementation.
- Select adequate control measures based on site conditions and pollutants.
- Evaluate implemented control measures for proper installation, maintenance, application and adequacy for the site conditions.
Attention, registration for both courses are now closed